Wednesday

Brown Bag Lunch

Day 4: Compelled to get out of this office and into the sunshine during my lunch break.

...inspired by the notion of calm breezes and a waterfront view somewhere near the Battery. Stopped by a favorite spot, Bull Street Gourmet (follow their blog here), for a simple brown bag lunch...they never disappoint. Today's selection was the "The Famous Bull Street Chicken Salad Sandwich" with their signature Cranberry Mayo (delish!)...a fine choice, indeed. Wanted to dive in to the enchanting, affordable (and thoughtful) wine selection, but grabbed an organic lemonade instead and set out to find a shady nook nestled somewhere in the heart of the peninsula.



Geclee on Canvas, by Gordon Wheeler
Gordon Wheeler Gallery
180East Bay Street



Spot found: Shaded bench, Colonial Lake. Quiet and just enough sun for my pale legs and toes. Forgot my book so I dug out my poor, dusty journal - an unscratched black moleskin I bought several months back, hoping to reunite with my lifelong desire to create brief neanderings and sketches in a small, portable journal...this "volume" has barely been used. Opened it up and laughed at loud at myself. Remembered a little girl holding flowers at a graffiti art show from a sloppy drawing and pieces of her dried bouquet. Learned something about my past. Found inspiration to do something I love...

So I started to write...nothing of interest to note for this post, but I did feel amazing. I was BEing amazing in that moment and it made me realize this:

In not knowing the life you'd love to live, how will you ever enjoy it when you find "the life you've always dreamed of"?

Goal: Take 2-3 brown bag lunches each week and find every shaded park bench in Charleston proper that will allow for some relaxation, some inspiration, some much-needed sunshine, and a chance to just BE.

See you at the park...in the meantime, visit a few "Park Peeps":
Charleston Park Conservancy
Park Angels

8.26.09
... "Damn flies....trying for a taste of my sandwich...mother nature's way of telling me to wrap up the other half and save it for tomorrow...you've had enough for today, LK."

No comments:

Post a Comment